Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Yard sale prepping

This weekend I'm participating in a yard sale with my mom and one of my sisters. I'd like to say I'm looking forward to it but I'm really not. It seemed like a great idea when I agreed to it a month ago, I had been on a purging binge for a couple months and was ready to get rid of more stuff. But then life happened and I just haven't had as much time to go through all our stuff as I would have liked.

I do have quite a bit of stuff set aside and tagged. I already had boxes of baby stuff ready to go and I've made my way through all of my clothing, shoes, and accessories. I've managed to sift through some kitchen wares, books, my sewing and craft supplies, and grabbed random stuff from around the house. What I haven't tackled is the attic, which became a catch all for random boxes from the move that were not critical to unpack and were getting in the way. Since we've now lived in our new place for 6 months it's fair to say that we don't need most or any of the stuff in these boxes.

I'm going to try to get through as much as possible before Friday evening, when I have to pack up the car and head to my moms (an hour and a half away). Since most of the stuff I've pulled together is small, cheap, and not the best type stuff for yard sales, I'll be glad if I can walk away with $20 extra bucks. I guess I'll just keep the stuff labeled and in boxes and have another yard sale in the spring. Surely I'll be able to get through all of our belongings over the next 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment