Monday, November 28, 2011

Next on the list


It's hard to believe that November is almost over!  I've now been on the debt-reduction mission for a little over a month and I've created a game plan, examined some of my bad habits, and paid paid down a little bit of debt.     I am hopeful that I can pick up steam through the end of 2011 and into the new year!

The next thing on my financial to-do list is to reduce my monthly expenses.  Over the next couple weeks I’m going to pick through every aspect of my monthly expenses for ways to reduce the amount I’m spending and therefore increase the amount I have left over for debt reduction.  I already looked into how much I am spending on non-essential small items like soda and eating out and can cut out at least $115 a month from non-essentials spending.  I’m hoping that I can cut at least that much from the amount I spend on essentials!

Here’s my checklist of the essential items that I'll hopefully be able to reduce:
Living expenses: food, toiletries, gas, parking
Pet supplies
Electric and Gas
Cell phone
Car insurance

No comments:

Post a Comment