Tuesday, April 3, 2012

April already?!

How did the first quarter of 2012 fly by so fast?!  I guess I should post how I did during the first quarter but I know it was probably pretty disappointing and I'm not ready to face the truth so I'm going to write about something else instead...

So a ways back I was reading this blog by someone who is also doing the whole debt pay-off with a frugal living spin.  For the life of me I can't remember what blog it was but the post I remember was the blogger, I'm pretty sure it was a woman, writing about how she saves all the spare bits of vegetables that would normally get thrown out (or composted if you're really industrious) and put them in a container in the freezer.  Then when she was making a soup she would make her on vegetable stock with all these scraps.

At the time I read it I thought it was kind of extreme.  But this is a new me, struggling to make real changes, and I was chopping up some veggies for a stir fry the other night and I just looked at the pile of vegetable throw-away bits and decided I couldn't toss them out.  I grabbed a container and put all the spare bits in it and then put it in the freezer.  What I didn't realize is the S was watching me do this, he had this look on his face like I had finally lost it.  When I tried to explain why I was doing it he seemed to take it as confirmation that I really had lost it! 

The thing is two days later he was chopping veggies and he pulled out the container and put all the left overs in it... without me asking and without knowing I was noticing... I guess I'm not the only crazy one in my house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment