Saturday, March 24, 2012

the big February bill arrived

I just looked at my credit card statement for February, aka The Month I Relapsed, and it was not pretty.  Granted it contained a few very big expenses that were unavoidable but those expenses were sandwiched in between a lot of really stupid little purchases.  I'm tempted to print out this statement and hang it on my fridge to remind me daily of how all of those little unnecessary items will always come back to haunt me but I would be mortified if anyone else saw it.  The only silver lining is that I have been diligent about planning for all my upcoming expenses and it looks like I can pay the balance in full by shuffling and/or reducing some other payments.  At least I won't be accumulating more debt interest...

It's looking like my end of the quarter report is going to be pretty sad in comparison to last quarter.  Trying to take this as a valuable lesson but right now I'm still so mad at myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment