Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Time to challenge myself

I've been on this mission for 8 months now and expect to have paid off around $8,500 by the end of the month which is something that I'm very happy about.  However, I think I can do better... some of the changes I've made have been easy like making a better meal plan, reducing energy consumption, and hunting for better deals on the stuff I have to buy.  Other changes have been tougher, like curbing my creative/ crafting/ home improvement spending and reducing the amount of meals and snacks I eat out.  I am consistently being more conscious about what I spend money on and how much it costs and I've come a long way but I've yet to "put it all together".

In other words, I still don't think I've pulled off a significant number of days in a row where I use ALL of my new found skills.  Some weeks I bargain hunt, some weeks I don't.  Some weeks I'm better at saying no to myself when I want to start a new project, most weeks I'm not.  And I don't think there has been even one whole week were I ate every meal from home.  So it's time for me to challenge myself.  For the rest of June (all 19 days of it) I will be adhering to the following:
  • Every meal must be from home (or from the office if someone brings something in) and this includes all snacks and drinks!  
  • Make a thrifty meal plan and bargain hunt for savings, use coupons
  • All errands done either on the way home from work or in a group... no single stop errand trips.
  • Hang all laundry to dry
  • Shorter, cooler showers
  • No new home improvement or crafts projects 
  • Take on a new sewing job or two
  • Push the Etsy shop
I'm sure I will think of other things to add to the list but for now it looks challenging enough, the first one on the list alone will be a huge challenge for me!  Wish me luck...



No comments:

Post a Comment