Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I want, I want, I want

Do you ever have days that you find your self wanting stuff, whether it's new clothes or snack food or some other non-essential thing?  I've come a long way in recognizing which things I need and which things I just want but every once in a while I still have days where I wake up on the wrong side of the bed when it comes to saying no to myself!  Today is soooo one of those days.  I WANT everything today!  


I knew it was going to be a day full of inner-fighting since my first thought upon getting up was stopping by Dunkin' Donuts on my way to work to get a breakfast sandwich.  I grudgingly forced myself to make breakfast at home.  Then when I was getting ready for work I started thinking about how nice it would be to have some new clothes for work.  On the drive to work, my thoughts turned to buying some new music to liven up the drive.  Walking into work led me right past a half-dozen coffee shops.  Looking out my window at work I see all the shops that line the main street.  I just can't escape wanting things today.  


So here I am sitting at my desk on my lunch break, writing about how much I want and wondering why some days it's just harder to ignore the endless list of wants.  Fortunately I've saved up a couple tricks to combat the day that my power to say no would be tested.  I've got a free pizza slice coupon so I can go out to lunch without spending.  And for this evening, I've got a nice long grocery list so I can go spend some money after work.  Hopefully these two things will satisfy my urge to give in to my wants.... 


What do you do when you are having trouble saying no to yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment