Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Double Whammy


I’ve been absent from blogging for a month because I’ve been holding onto a huge secret and can finally get it out there.  Back in early October S and I took a little romantic getaway.  In addition to the surprise engagement proposal, that weekend yielded another even more shocking surprise!   We confirmed at the end of October that we were expecting!  Then, as if that wasn’t big enough news on its own, we found out at our 12 week ultrasound that we were expecting twins!

Since we were not planning on having kids for at least another year and never expected that when we did there might be the possibility of having two at once, the whole experience so far has been a little bewildering!   Even though we are now into the second trimester and have shared our news with our friends and families over the holidays, we are still reeling from the news.  I have about a zillion questions bouncing around in my head and a mental to-do list that gets longer by the minute… I’ve been reassured by family and friends that all soon-to-be parents feel this way, even the ones that were prepared to be expecting but going through the experience myself is eye-opening.  How are we going to manage it all?! 

Obviously, S and I have a lot of work ahead of us and this impacts every aspect of our lives but one thing I am so grateful for right now is that I am in a much better financial place than I have ever been.  Taking control of my finances and debt has been more life changing than I ever expected it to be.  In some ways I feel like discovering that I could manage my finances and make positive changes in that aspect of my life has shown me that I can do that in all other the other areas of my life too.  I’m not really sure how S and I are going to handle everything with the pregnancy and babies yet, but I do feel pretty confident that we can handle everything… and I don’t think I would have felt that way a year and a half ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment