Friday, December 6, 2013

The twins are 6 months old...

Do you know what that means?  That's right, it means that the hospital and the insurance company have now had six months to haggle over who is paying for what and how much for the birth of our twin boys!  I passed the point of irritation a couple months ago after spending countless hours on the phone with the hospital going over the insurance information and the insurance company going over the boys' information.  Now I just find it sadly comical that this is how our health care system functions.

Anyways, I had really hoped I could end the year knowing how much I owed for their birth.  Is it $500 or is it the full $5000 we've been billed?  For now it doesn't really matter what the number is, the medical debt is not our first pay-off priority and we won't be itemizing so there's no tax advantage to paying it off this year.  But still, I've developed a certain level of comfort in knowing exactly what my financial picture is over these years of debt reduction... ah well, guess I'll have ring in the New Year with more phone calls to the hospital and insurance company!

No comments:

Post a Comment