Thursday, October 20, 2011

I have a confession to make…

I am hopelessly, shamefully, desperately in debt.  There, I said it.  There’s no taking it back and there’s no hiding from the fact anymore.  I've had this growing uneasy feeling for the last several years about the mountain of debt I’ve buried myself under.  What started as a small, nagging concern that was easily pacified (mostly through retail therapy) or ignored altogether has manifested into continuous guilt, shame, anxiety, and depression as well as the physical ailments that go hand in hand with stress and tension.  I am struggling to pay my bills, ashamed when my friends and family members find out any of the facts about my personal finances, and guilt stricken over every dollar I spend on something “non-essential”. 

Something has got to give and I can guarantee that it won’t be my creditors.  So that leaves it up to me to figure out how I got here and how I can get back out.  That’s where this blog comes in.  My hopes are that through this forum I can keep myself honest and accountable as well as document what will hopefully be a journey to becoming debt free.  Let the road to recovery begin…

No comments:

Post a Comment