Thursday, July 5, 2012

all good things must end

I guess I was feeling a little too cocky for all the luck I've had in the money department over the last couple weeks because karma finally came along and balanced me right back out the other day.  Or at least that's what I'm blaming for the fact that I got pulled over and ticketed for turning right on a red!  It's only a $60 ticket so I should be thankful that I have pulled in extra money lately to cover it but instead I'm just frustrated with myself for not paying enough attention to the signage.


It was right after work and I was trying to get to the store to run a quick errand before I had to be at the commuter rail station to pick up S.  Since I didn't have a list written out I was concentrating way to hard on trying to remember everything I needed to pick up and not hard enough on actually driving to the store.  I know it's a stupid mistake that I'm sure many people have made but the cop who pulled me over acted like I had just committed a capital offense.  Plus it turns out that my car registration is incorrect... it says my car is white when in fact it is gray.  The cop kept repeating that over and over like I was too slow to understand what she was saying or perhaps she thought I was blind to the color of my car since I was obviously blind to all of the "no turn on red" signs.


All in all it was a frustrating moment and marks the end of my lucky streak, which is too bad since I hadn't yet made it to the store to buy the winning lotto ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment