Friday, July 19, 2013

Child care, the hunt continues

Having no clue how to go about finding childcare, I originally turned to my two most trusted resources, Google and Craigslist.  I easily found a number of childcare centers around town on Google and toured several before becoming completely overwhelmed and frustrated at the high cost ($700-925 per week)!  I also found a number of nannys but that's even less financially realistic so I didn't even bother setting up interviews.  What I couldn't find were in-home private daycare facilities that had open spots for two infants and I knew they would be the most affordable option.  None of the in-home centers that were on Craisglist, Google, and Care.com could take the boys.  After several weeks of searching, I was starting to feel a little hopeless when I finally struck gold... 

One of the in-home centers I contacted was run by a woman who also heads up a committee for the State that manages all of the licensed child care providers.  Even though she didn't have openings she pointed me in the right direction.  It turns out the State website has a search engine of all child care providers and to make it even easier, I can narrow the search to only in-home providers!  I've spent the day calling every provider within the area and have set up several interviews for next week.  I'm hopeful that one of these in-home providers will fit what S and I are looking for at a price that won't sink our already stretched budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment