Sunday, August 25, 2013

I've got the loan forbearance blues

In order to get the budget to balance, I had to make the difficult decision to put my student loan in forbearance.  I applied for a six month forbearance.  This will allow the $225 that was going towards the loan to be used to pay towards the medical debt.  I am hoping the medical/ maternity leave debt can be paid off within the 6 months but I still don't know exactly how much we owe in medical expenses yet which means I may end up needing to extend the forbearance.

Even though I realize that something had to give in the budget to make ends meet, I'm really bummed that I am pausing my student loans.  Right now our financial situation looks kind of bleak and it's hard to see the end when the debts are just piling up.  Trying to remember that each baby step we take towards paying off our debts puts us a little closer to having the future we want for us and our kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment