Monday, September 2, 2013

Car totaled

The insurance company called to inform me that they are declaring my car a total loss.  Once the loan is paid off (yes, the loan I JUST refinanced) they'll send me the balance which should be around $4000.  They also informed me that I have to turn in my rental car a week from today or start paying out of pocket for it.

So the week I return to work and have to leave my babies at daycare for the first time, I ALSO have to buy a car and find the time to go clean out my totaled car.  And since it may take a bit before I have the insurance cash in hand I'll need to come up with the cash to buy a cheap car outright (we have $0 savings to our name so this means turning to mom and dad) or take out another loan to buy a car more comparable to what I had.  And since I just refinanced my loan and therefore pinged my credit I probably won't get the best interest rate.

I'm super angry with myself right now for getting in this wreck.  I'm trying to see the silver lining here, I should consider buying a car that I can pay for outright with the insurance money and get out from under the loan, plus I won't have to pay my deductible or buy new tires.  Overall though, I just feel stressed out and pissed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment