Friday, September 13, 2013

Deep breath, now re-group

Lately I've been feeling like our financial life (and non-financial life) is in a bit of a tail spin.  Trying to stay on top of everything when a lot of the variables are constantly shifting has been extremely challenging and frustrating.  I'm not going to sugar coat it: I've been feeling hopeless and wondering if my constant battle with finances is even worth it.  But then I remember that I have two very adorable reasons to keep chugging along towards a better financial future so I need to find a way to get rid of the hopeless feeling.

To help me get back on track, I've decided that the rest of September needs to be a re-grouping month.  Now that I'm back at work we'll have two paychecks coming in and that in itself will help alleviate some of the stress.  Over the next month I expect we will have all of the medical bills in hand after the insurance has paid out their portions.  I'm also hopeful that we'll have the car and daycare debacles all sorted out.  Plus S' student loans should be out of default and back on track.  My goal right now is to have a clear understanding of where we are financially speaking and at least a three month plan in place to get us moving in the right direction by the end of the month.

2 comments:

  1. Good job! That sounds like a great goal. Sometimes you just have to regroup, and then re-regroup, and then re-re-regroup. You're doing wonderfully and I hope you feel less hopeless soon. Don't be afraid to ask for help if the hopeless feeling persists.

    I'm glad things are good with the new sitter and that your family was able to help out with the car situation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I feel better just having written this post... this blog often keeps me moving forward because it's a place for me to organize my thoughts and vent a little! I hope my next post is more positive :)

      Delete