Wednesday, September 4, 2013

House of cards

When one is in as much debt as S and I are, one little thing can topple the whole house of cards.  Well, we've faced a while slew of little things in the past year and right now I'm feeling pretty frustrated.  The meager little $1000 emergency fund was no match for a twin pregnancy with complications.  We weren't able to save up what I was going for to cover the maternity leave let alone an unexpected trip to Kentucky for the funeral.  Add to that the car wreck and I feel like our financial world has just crumbled!

Our debt is quickly on the rise with thousands of dollars owed for the medical expenses, thousands more on the credit card for everyday living expenses and the emergency situations that came up that we didn't have the savings to cover.  How will we recover from all this?  I feel like I can't even get a plan in place before some additional factor comes up to change it all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment